With the arrival of Autumn comes an abundance of delicious and seasonal vegetables that can make wonderful comforting flavours for you to try with your little ones when starting weaning. Squash and root veg are now at their best and apples and pears are ready to be harvested. If you are about to start your weaning journey or just want to try out some new ideas we are sharing our favourite Autumn-inspired pureés that you can make using the award-winning Nutribaby+.
Baby's First Beef Stew
12 months+ | Makes 4 Babybols | Cooking Time 45 Minutes
Carrot and Parsnip Pureé
6 months+ | Cooking Time 25 Minutes
150g pumpkin, butternut squash, diced
1. Begin by washing, peeling and removing the seeds from the pumpkin before cutting it into small pieces.
2. Place the pumpkin into the steaming basket and steam for 16 minutes.
3. Once the cooking is finished, transfer the diced pumpkin to the blending unit. Add ¼ of the cooking liquid. Pulse blend on speed 3. If you feel that the texture is too thick, add 1/3 of the remaining cooking liquid. As pumpkins are already full of water, there is no need to add too much cooking liquid. Serve or store in the fridge.
First Apple Compote
6 months+ | Cooking Time 20 Minutes
200g apples, cored and cut into small cubes
1. Place the diced apple into the basket and steam for 15 minutes.
2. Once the cooking is finished, transfer half the apple pieces to the blending unit and add ¼ of the cooking liquid. Pulse blend on speed 3 until as smooth as required. Serve or store in the fridge.